November 22, 2007

40 YEARS AGO ...


Jackie was hangin' in Cambodia the week before my birth.
Some of the songs people were groovin' to:

Ode To Billie Joe - Bobbie Gentry
Groovin' - Young Rascals
Light My Fire - The Doors
Happy Together - The Turtles
Respect - Aretha
Penny Lane - The Beatles
I Heard It Through the Grape Vine - Gladys Knight & The Pipps
Georgy Girl - Seekers
Reflections - The Supremes
I Say A Little Prayer - Dionne Warwick
There's A Kind of Hush - Herman's Hermits
The Beat Goes On - Sonny & Cher
I Dig Rock & Roll Music - Peter, Paul & Mary

You know you were singin' along to most of them!
You can click on the titles for the original artist's rendition!
I love the music of that decade!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

4 comments:

Patti said...

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me..."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

Thanks Patti!

So are you saying you're an Aretha fan? I've always liked Petula, and I preferred Dionne to Aretha. Although she can belt it! You can't help but smile when you hear most of these songs!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kelly. To celebrate, I'm taking Karen to Casa Loma for "Christmas at the Castle" - a CH fundraising event, building a home just outside Asala, Ethiopia, for kids living with and/or orphaned by AIDS.

How's that? Birthday wishes and a promo, all in one.

Joe said...

Best wishes for you Kelly...

Those songs brought up images of grade ten and the school hop.

My youth... shudder. Images best left alone. :)